We think flowers go with any occasion, wouldn’t you agree? Seriously, do you know anyone who hates flowers?? We wanted to send a card to congratulate a fabulous couple on their recent engagement, and decided that flowers were best. We selected a floral stamp set that had a more playful feel and went with a gray monochromatic color scheme to take some of the femininity out of them. This is our result and we think it turned out great.
- The outline of the floral and leaf images were all stamped onto 80 lb white cardstock with Black pigment ink
- The additional layers of the floral and leaf images were stamped using various gray shades of dye inks
- All the flowers and leaves were cut out using matching dies
- The sentiment was cut twice from heavyweight white cardstock and once from glossy black cardstock. The layers were stacked and adhered using liquid glue to create a sturdy, dimensional sentiment
- The outline images of the leaves and flowers were randomly stamped with a very light shade of gray dye ink to create a background pattern onto the top ¾ of a panel of warm gray cardstock measuring 4 ¾” x 6 ¾”
- The die cut flowers and leaves were arranged slightly overlapping and were adhered directly to the card panel with liquid glue
- The sentiment was adhered to the lower left corner of the card panel using liquid glue
- The card panel was matted with a very thin black mat and the entire card front was adhered to a warm gray card base measuring 5” x 7”
- The black dots on the die cut flowers were highlighted with black dimensional drops to add some shine and dimension.
- Additional black dots were added to several areas of the background using dimensional drops
We truly appreciate that you stopped by. We wish you a safe and happy day!
Michele and Maureen
“If you have the power to make someone happy, do it. The world needs more of that.”
- Flowers & leaves: Papertrey Ink – Prominent Petals
- Sentiment: Honey Bee Stamps – Congratulations
- Dimensional drops: Tonic Nuvo Drops – Crystal Drops Ebony Black
- Black glossy cardstock: Tonic – Mirror Card – Glossy Black
- Liquid adhesive: Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue
- White cardstock:
– Die cuts: Accent Opaque 80 lb.
– Card base: Accent Opaque 120 lb.