Hello friends and Happy New Year! We hope you were able to enjoy time with family and friends this past holiday season. It was definitely a very busy time for us. In addition, our family has several birthdays to celebrate the first week of January. One of those is half of this Kreative Kinship team (Happy Birthday Michele!). So, when it’s your sister’s birthday and she happens to be your best friend and crafting partner-in-crime, you need a pretty card made in her favorite colors. So that is the card project we are sharing today.
- The In the Meadow image was stamped onto two pieces of 80 lb white cardstock with embossing ink. White embossing powder was added and heat set.
- The layered stencils were used to add color to the two image sets. Using a set of coral inks for the flower blooms and a set of teal inks for the vines and leaves.
- Once the ink was dry, the coordinating dies were used to cut out the images and set aside.
- We didn’t have a scalloped circle frame die, so we fashioned one of our own using a scalloped circle die and a plain circle die to cut out the center. The two dies were taped together so that we could cut three frames from 80 lb. white cardstock. These frames were stacked and glued together with liquid glue.
- A white 80 lb. piece of cardstock was cut down to 4.25” x 5.5”. The panel was lightly misted with water before embossing it using the foil plate. We find that misting with water helps to prevent cracking of the paper.
- The panel was adhered to a piece of teal glitter cardstock measuring 4.75” x 6”.
- The birthday sentiment was cut from the same glitter cardstock. The shadow die was cut from 80 lb. white cardstock.
- The word Happy was stamped onto 80 lb. white cardstock with coral dye ink, trimmed and cut out.
- The floral images were arranged under and on top of the scalloped circle frame until a pleasing layout was achieved. Some of the floral cluster images were cut down as needed. Using liquid glue and foam adhesive, the elements were all adhered to the embossed panel.
- The sentiment was adhered using a combination of liquid glue and small foam squares.
- The finished panel was adhered to a side-folding card base measuring 4.75″ x 6″ made from 120 lb. white cardstock.
Thanks for stopping by.
Maureen and Michele
“The world is full of kind people…..if you can’t find one, be one!”
- Flowers: Pinkfresh Studio – In the Meadow (stamp and stencil)
- Debossed Vines: Pinkfresh Studio – Lush Vines Foil Plate
- Sentiment: Honey Bee Stamps – Bitty Buzzwords
- Scalloped Circle: Gina Marie Designs – Nested Scalloped Stitched Circle
- Teal Glitter Cardstock: Tonic Studios – Turquois Lake Glitter Cardstock
- Circle Die: Waffle Flower – Nesting Circles
- Embossing Powder: Brutus Monroe – Alabaster White
- Embossing Ink: Tsukineko – VersaMark
- Liquid Glue: Bearly Art – Precision Craft Glue
- Dye Ink: Catherine Pooler – Mint to Be, Aquatini, All That Jazz, Bellini, Do Si Do, Coral Cabana
- White 80 lb – Accent Opaque
- White 120 lb (card base) – Accent Opaque