Hello friends! Today we are back with another card project we created as guest designers for Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps. We created this card using the beautiful Mason Jar Bouquet stamp set shown below.
- The large floral image from the set was stamped onto a panel of medium weight white cardstock with black archival pigment ink.
- The stamped image was colored using colored pencils and then was fussy-cut.
- A panel of medium weight water-friendly cardstock was taped to a hardboard with some low-tack masking tape. The left side of the panel was masked off to allow space for the repeated stamping of the sentiment.
- The right side of the panel was water colored using blues and greens, concentrating the color in the lower right corner of the panel.
- Splatter was added with the same colors used in the previous step.
- Black splatters were also added using diluted acrylic paint.
- Once dry, the panel was removed from the hardboard. Using a stamp positioning platform, the left side of the panel was repeatedly stamped with the sentiment in a very light blue-green dye ink. A “spotlight” sentiment was added toward the bottom left side of the panel using black ink.
- The panel was cut out using a rectangle die
- The card panel was matted on a panel of black cardstock.
- The entire matted panel was adhered to a white side-folding card base.
- The floral image was adhered to the right of the sentiment with dimensional foam adhesive.
- Black dots were added to the center of the flowers using a dimensional glaze pen.
- Several enamel dots were added around the floral image
We hope you enjoyed this card project. We want to thank you for stopping by.
Michele and Maureen
- Floral image and sentiment: Sweet-n-Sassy Stamps – Mason Jar Bouquet
- Water-friendly cardstock: Strathmore – Bristol Smooth
- Water colors: Master’s Touch
- Leaf Green, light green, lake blue, turquoise
- Acrylic paint: Fun Stampers Journey – Black Licorice
- Colored pencils: Faber Castell – Polychromos
- Dye ink (sentiment): Altenew – Dew Drop
- Pigment ink (sentiment): Tsukineko – Versafine Clair Nocturne
- Archival ink (floral image): Ranger Archival – Jet Black
- Rectangle die: Elizabeth Craft Designs – Stitched Indented Rectangles
- Dimensional pen: Sakura – Glaze Black
- Enamel dots: Our stash – unknown