Hello and welcome! We are so happy you stopped by. Today we are sharing our second card project as guest designers for Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps. We decided on a black and white themed sympathy card using flowers from the Consider the Wildflowers stamp set.
- The smaller flowers on the stamp set were stamped onto a piece of vellum with embossing ink. The images were covered with white embossing powder, heat set and then fussy-cut.
- A banner was cut from black cardstock on which the sentiment was stamped with embossing ink, covered with white embossing powder and then heat set.
- The vellum flowers were arranged onto the banner and adhered with clear glue dots.
- Using a crisp black ink, we created a background panel by stamping a variety of flowers on a white card panel measuring 5” x 7” making sure to position the flowers close together. The panel was trimmed down to 4.75” x 6.75” and then adhered to a piece of black cardstock measuring 5” x 7”.
- A banner was cut from a piece of diagonal striped patterned paper and adhered to the floral card panel using foam adhesive. The black floral banner was adhered to the panel with foam adhesive slightly offset from the striped banner.
- The completed card panel was adhered to a top folding 5″ x 7″ card base.
We hope you enjoyed this card project. We want to thank you again for stopping by.
Maureen & Michele
- Flowers: Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps – Creative Worship: Consider the Wildflowers
- Sentiment: Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps – Mason Jar Bouquet
- Embossing Powder: Brutus Monroe – Alabaster
- Embossing Ink: Tsukineko – VersaMark
- Pigment Ink: Tsukineko – Versafine Clair Nocturne
- Liquid Glue: Bearly Art – Precision Craft Glue
- Patterned Paper: My Favorite Things – Black & White Stripes Paper Pad
- Vallum: Source unknown
- Card panel: Accent Opaque 80lb.
- Card base: Accent Opaque 120lb.
- Black: Hero Arts – Hero Hues Pitch Black