Hello friends! Thanks for visiting us today. We are sharing a card with you that was created especially for an Instagram hop that we are honored and privileged to be participating in. May is Ehlers Danlos & Hypermobility Spectrum (EDS/HSD) Awareness month, and the IG hop was organized to help raise awareness of these disorders. For more information about EDS/HSD, we have included a few links below.
The theme for this awareness hop was Happiness. The instructions were to create a card reflecting something that makes us happy and to use an encouraging sentiment. We think this card reflects our inner-happiness with the beautiful blooms and colors surrounding a heart.
- The Floral images are a beautiful layered stamp set from Altenew, and were stamped using Altenew Crisp Dye Inks (colors are listed at the end of this post). These Inks are available in sets of four coordinating colors – perfect for layered stamping! The images were then cut using the coordinating dies.
- The Heart frame is a die from Memory Box called “Neighborhood Heart Frame”. This die cuts a cute wooden gate image in the center of the heart, which we didn’t need for this project, so we just cut it away with our scissors. We layered and adhered 3 of the heart frames together for a dimensional effect.
- The die cut sentiment was cut three times from white cardstock, and once from black and adhered together for dimension.
- The subsentiment was printed on our laser printer, trimmed into a strip and matted with black cardstock.
- The 4”x5 ¼” background panel was blended using Distress Inks with blender brushes to achieve a soft & seamless blend.
- We then splattered the panel with black and white gouache.
- The heart frame was adhered to the background panel slightly to the left to accommodate the large-ish sentiment.
- The flowers and leaves were arranged and layered until we were happy with their placement. We then adhered them using foam tape.
- The sentiments were also adhered with foam tape – We love us some dimension!
- We added Wink of Stella to the center of the flowers for some subtle sparkle.
- A few clear gems were added to form a “visual triangle”.
- The entire card panel was matted with black cardstock and adhered to an A2 top-folding card panel.
Thanks for stopping by. Your feedback is always welcome, so we would love it if you would leave a comment below.
Until next time,
Michele & Maureen
“Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are.”
– Harold S. Kushner
- Flowers & Leaves: Altenew – “Climbing Clematis”
- Altenew Crisp Dye Inks:
- Cherry Blossom 4 pad set
- Green Valley 4 pad set
- Heart Frame: Memory Box Co. – “Neighborhood Heart Frame”
- Sentiment: My Favorite Things – “Believe”
- Background: Tim Holtz/Ranger Ink Distress Inks
- Squeezed Lemonade
- Twisted Citron
- Mowed Lawn
- Kuretake Zig – Wink of Stella brush pen – Clear Glitter
- Gems: Hampton Art