Hello and welcome! We are so grateful for your visit.
Today we are sharing a project that features two new digital stamp sets from Graciellie Design. We thought the magnolia bloom should stand alone this time, so we made some adjustments to do just that. Follow along to see how we did it and remember all the supplies are listed at the very end of this post.
- The magnolia image and sentiment were digitally resized and printed on smooth white cardstock using a laser printer
- We wanted this flower to be white, so we added light shading using a graphite pencil and paper blending stump to deepen the shadows and recessed areas on the flower. The center was colored with alcohol markers
- The flower was fussy-cut, trimming away all the leaves, berries and cotton so that just the magnolia remained
- An A2-sized rectangle was cut from red cardstock and embossed using an embossing folder
- A white frame was cut using a frame die and adhered to the top of the red embossed cardstock
- A thin black matte was added to the back of the panel
- Three large pine sprigs were cut from black cardstock and adhered to the card panel so they would extend out from under the flower. These were adhered with liquid glue at the base of each pine sprig (the ends of each sprig were not glued down)
- The flower was adhered over the pine sprigs with foam tape to create some dimension
- The sentiment was cut to a 1” strip and adhered to the panel
- The finished card panel was adhered to a top-folding card base cut from 120 lb white cardstock that measured 5.75” x 4.5”
- A shimmer pen was used to add shimmer to the flower (very hard to capture this in our photos – we tried though)
- Black jewels were adhered with liquid glue
We hope you enjoyed today’s project and that it has inspired you in some way. If you liked this card, please feel free to leave a comment for us and don’t forget to hit the subscribe button if you’d like to know when we post a new project.
Stay healthy and crafty!
Maureen and Michele
“Do your little bit of good where you are. It’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world”
- Magnolia Image: Graciellie Design – “Start Anew”
- Sentiment: Graciellie Design – “Christmas Wishes”
- Slashed Frame die: Papertrey Ink – “Skinny Diagonals Frame”
- Embossing folder: Taylored Expressions – “Burlap”
- Pine Needle Die: Gina Marie Designs – “Pine Needle Sprig”
- Alcohol Markers: Copic Sketch Markers
- Graphite Pencil for shading: 2 pencil
- White Cardstock: Accent Opaque – 80 lb & 120 lb white
- Black cardstock: unknown
- Red cardstock: Concord & 9th – “Cranberry”
- Liquid Adhesive: Art Glitter – Designer Adhesive
- Foam Tape: com
- Black Jewels: Studio Katia – “Onyx Crystals”
- Shimmer Pen: Wink of Stella – “Clear”