Happy New Year, friends! It has been a while since our last post, but we hope that your holidays were safe, happy and relaxing.
Today we are sharing a card that features several new products we have recently added to our stash and have been very excited to use. When My Favorite Things released their Winter Songbirds stamp set, we fell madly in love with it and just had to get our hands on it (once it was finally back in stock, that is). The same can be said for the beautifully detailed Stitches cover die by Pinkfresh Studio. The detail this die creates is so unique and it reminds us of our grandmother who was a talented seamstress in her day so it was another ‘must-have’ item for us.
- The songbird was stamped using hybrid ink onto white cardstock, colored with alcohol markers and cut out with the coordinating die
- A variety of foliage was stamped with dye ink and cut out using the coordinating dies
- The main sentiment was stamped and cut out with the coordinating die
- An A2-sized stitched rectangle was cut from teal cardstock
- A white A2-sized rectangle was cut using the Stitches cover die. Red-violet dye ink was blended over this panel to accentuate the detail from the die
- A white piece of cardstock was cut using a postage stamp die. The ‘Birthday’ sub-sentiment was stamped onto this white piece with black dye ink
- The main sentiment was adhered to the postage stamp cardstock piece with mini foam squares
- The foliage pieces were arranged towards the bottom of the postage stamp piece in a pleasing way and adhered with liquid glue
- The bird was adhered to the top of the foliage using mini foam squares
- The postage stamp panel was adhered to the center of the stitched, ink-blended panel which was then adhered to the center of the stitched teal cardstock
- The assembled card panel was adhered to a side-folding card base measuring 5.5″ x 4.25″ cut from 120 lb white cardstock
We hope you enjoyed today’s project and that it has inspired you in some way. If you liked this card, we would love to hear your thoughts so be sure to leave a comment. Also, if you’d like to know when we post a new project, be sure to provide your email address to be added to our mailing list.
Stay healthy and crafty!
Maureen and Michele
“The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the greatest intention.”
- Songbird: My Favorite Things – “Winter Songbirds”
- Sentiment: The Greetery – “Birthday Blooms”
- Foliage: The Greetery – “Hoop Wreath”, My Favorite Things – “Winter Songbirds”
- Stitches cover die: Pinkfresh Studio – “Stitches Cover Die”
- Postage die: Jaded Blossom – “Postage Dies”
- Stitched Rectangle die: My Favorite Things – “Stitched A2 STAX”
- Alcohol Markers: Copic Sketch Markers
- Dye Ink: Catherine Pooler
- Hybrid Ink: My Favorite Things – “Extreme Black”
- White Cardstock: Accent Opaque – 80 lb & 120 lb white
- Teal cardstock: unknown