Hello friends and happy September! We enjoy the fall season here in Western New York but as summer-lovers, it’s always bittersweet as we say goodbye to the long sunshine-filled days. The card we are sharing today was created for a special niece and is filled with florals to hold on to that summer feeling for just a little longer. We hope you like it!
- All the elements for the window, florals, birdhouse and watering can were stamped with various dye inks onto mid-weight white cardstock and cut out with coordinating dies.
- All the elements except the florals were cut multiple times with plain white scrap cardstock. The layers were stacked and adhered under the stamped elements to add sturdiness and dimension to the scene.
- The “Celebrate” sentiment was stamped with black ink onto white cardstock and was fussy cut.
- The “YOU” sentiment was cut several times from heavyweight black cardstock and stacked for dimension.
- A panel of warm gray cardstock was embossed using an older brick embossing folder that was inked up on the debossed side with a slightly darker dye ink.
- The embossed panel was matted with a 1/8” mat of light Olive cardstock
- All of the stamped and cut elements were adered to the embossed card panel using a mix of liquid and foam adhesive. The height of the elements were varied and overlapped to give depth and dimension to the scene.
- The sentiments were adhered to the bottom right of the card panel.
- The entire card panel was adhered to a white side-folding card base
Thanks for stopping by! We hope you were inspired to create something that brings you joy.
Michele and Maureen
- All scene elements: Papertrey Ink – Window Garden stamps & dies
- “Celebrate” word: The Greetery – Celebrate (4th birthday freebie 2023)
- “YOU” word: Sizzix – Thinlits: Essential Type
- Brick Texture: Sizzix – Bricked embossing folder (this is a retired folder)
- Dye Inks: Altenew, Catherine Pooler, Concord & 9th various colors
◦ Card panel: Accent Opaque 80lb.
◦ Card base: Accent Opaque 120lb.
- Liquid glue: Bearly Art – Precision Craft Glue
- Foam adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L – Crafty Foam Tape