Hello friends! What is your favorite color? Although we agree on many things and have similar tastes and styles, naming a favorite color is not one of them. Michele loves all things Teal but Maureen is fond of the warmth and happiness emitted by Yellow. Either way, we are in 100% agreement that both colors can be used to generate pretty cards. Today we are sharing a card that was inspired by a recent post from the very talented Dilay Nacar (@dilaynacar on Instagram). We encourage you to go check out her work.
- A circle was cut from 80# white cardstock using a stitched circle die.
- Using a blending brush, yellow ink was added to the circle and set aside to dry.
- Once dry, the sentiment was stamped onto the circle using embossing ink and then heat set after applying white embossing powder.
- Several leaf branches were cut from 80# white cardstock, yellow cardstock and vellum.
- We cut two A2 sized panels – one from 80# white cardstock and one from yellow cardstock both measuring 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″.
- The floral background was stamped onto both the white and yellow A2 panels using yellow dye ink.
- The center of the yellow A2 panel was cut down using the distress edge rectangle die and then adhered to the white A2 panel with liquid glue making sure that the floral pattern on the yellow panel aligned with the floral pattern on the white panel.
- We added foam tape to the back of the sentiment circle but before removing the release tape, we arranged the various leaf branches around the circle until we were pleased with the layout.
- The leaves were adhered with liquid glue and then the release tape was removed from the back of the sentiment circle and adhered in place over the leaves.
- The card panel was adhered to a side-folding card base created from heavyweight cardstock.
We appreciate that you stopped by. Stay safe and happy crafting!
Maureen and Michele
“When words are both true and kind, they can change the world.”
- Floral Background Stamp: Rubbernecker – Bold Rose Background
- Distressed Edge Die: Kat Scrappiness – Distressed Edge Rectangle
- Stitched Circle Die: My Favorite Things – Stitch Circle STAX
- Sentiment: Mama Elephant – Scripty Birthday
- Leaf Dies: Sizzix – Garden Greens, Nellie Snellen – 3x Leaf
- Yellow Cardstock: Tonic Studios – Buttermilk Yellow
- Yellow Dye Ink: Altenew – Mango Smoothie
- White Embossing Powder: Brutus Monroe – Alabaster White
- Liquid adhesive: Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue
- Embossing Ink: Tsukineko – Versamark
- White cardstock:
Die cuts: Accent Opaque 80 lb.
Card base: Accent Opaque 120 lb.
- Vellum: Source unknown