Hello crafty friends!! We love putting a personal twist on our handmade birthday cards, don’t you? Today we are sharing a card that we made for our animal-loving niece’s birthday. The darling little birds in this set from Photoplay make us smile!
- The bird, branch and flower images were stamped on 80 lb. cardstock using alcohol marker friendly ink. Once the ink was dry, the images were colored and cut out with the coordinating dies.
- The flowers were adhered to the leafy branches with liquid glue.
- The large “birthday” sentiment was die cut from a scrap of turquoise cardstock. The shadow was die cut from white cardstock. The turquoise sentiment was adhered to the shadow piece with liquid glue.
- The sentiment banner was masked and stamped onto 80 lb. white cardstock using a blue-green dye ink. The banner was then outlined with a black fine liner pen for added contrast.
- The sub-sentiment was stamped onto the banner with black pigment ink. Once dry, the banner was fussy cut.
- A panel of coral cardstock was stamped with a background stamp using white pigment ink and then was set aside to dry.
- Once dry, the coral panel was cut with a scalloped rectangle die, and an arched window was die cut from the upper portion of the panel.
- The A2 white card panel was blended with light blue-green dye ink just where the background would show through the arched window. Clouds were very lightly stenciled over the ink-blended portion of the background using the same blue-green ink.
- Once dry, the ink-blended panel was cut out using an A2 stitched rectangle die.
- The coral stamped panel was adhered to the ink-blended panel using foam adhesive tape to pop it up over the stenciled cloud background.
- The leafy branches were adhered to the background using foam adhesive.
- The bird was adhered to the background scene with foam adhesive.
- The large die cut “birthday” sentiment and sub-sentiment banner were adhered to the coral panel as shown using a combination of liquid glue and foam adhesive.
- The entire assembled card panel was adhered to a side folding card base measuring 4 1/4” x 5 1/2” with liquid glue.
- Glossy liquid dimensional adhesive was added to the bird’s eyes and beak.
- Small yellow jewels were added to the flower centers.
We hope you enjoyed our card for today. And as always, we are truly grateful for your visit.
Stay well and healthy and we will see you next time!
Michele and Maureen
“I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people“
Vincent Van Gogh
- Bird, branch, flowers & sub-sentiment: Photoplay – “ A Little Birdie Told Me”
- Die cut sentiment: Honey Bee Stamps – “Birthday Honey Cuts”
- Banner: Bo Bunny – “Kitchen Icons”
- Background stamp: My Favorite Things – “Happy Birthday Background”
- Arch die: Nellie Snellen – “Stitched Bows”
- Clouds: My Favorite Things – “Mini Cloud Edges”
- Scalloped die: CC Designs – “Scalloped Rectangles”
- A2 die: Heffy Doodle – “Imperial Stitched Rectangles”
- Alcohol friendly ink: Tsukineko – Memento Tuxedo Black
- Dye inks:
- Stamped banner: Altenew – “Aqualicious”
- Background cloudy panel: Concord & 9th – “Aqua Sky”
- White pigment ink: Hero Arts – Unicorn White
- Alcohol markers: Copic
- Gems: Bo Bunny – Adhesive Jewels “Citrus Hues”