We have a plant-loving family member who celebrated a big milestone birthday this month. We felt this was the perfect opportunity to break out the die sets we have recently acquired that create adorable house plants. It was so much fun to build these adorable pots of greenery.
- Various plants and pots were diecut using various green, brown and tan scraps of cardstock.
- We enhanced the diecuts with Copic markers and colored pencils to add shading and then adhered them with liquid glue.
- The rug was diecut from kraft cardstock and run through an embossing folder to add texture.
- An A2 sized panel was cut from 80# white cardstock. Using Copic-safe ink, the floor horizon was stamped across the bottom of the panel and then colored with gray Copic markers.
- Using Post-it tape, the floor was masked off and Melon Ice ink was lightly blended on the background to highlight where the plants would be placed on the panel.
- The panel was cut down using the large crimped frame die.
- The panel was mounted to black cardstock to create a 1/8″ border around the panel.
- The panel was mounted to celery green colored cardstock measuring 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″.
- The rug and plants were arranged on the panel and once we were satisfied with their placement, we adhered them down with liquid glue.
- We ended up performing a little surgery on our sentiment stamp because we thought the two lines fit better being off-set from one another rather than centered. We stamped the sentiment directly onto the panel with the help of our Misti stamping platform.
- The completed panel was adhered to a side-folding 120# white card base measuring 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″.
Thank you for visiting us today. Stay safe and happy crafting!
Maureen and Michele
“When words are both true and kind, they can change the world.”
- Plants, Planters and Rug: The Greetery – Sitting Pretty Accessories; Fun Stampers Journey – Happy Plants; Sizzx – Funky Floral #3
- Floor – Simon Says Stamp – On The Ground
- Sentiment: Pretty Pink Posh – Everyday Greetings
- Frame Die: The Greetery – Crimped Frame
- Embossing Folder (rug): Spellbinders – Plaid Company
- Dye Ink: Catherine Pooler – Melon Ice
- Copic-Safe Ink: My Favorite Things – Extreme Black
- Black Ink: Tsukineko – VersaFine Clair Nocturne
- Color (plants, floor): Copic markers, colored pencil
- Liquid adhesive: Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue
- Colored Cardstock: Misc. green, brown, ivory, kraft and black
- White cardstock: Accent Opaque 80 lb. and 120 lb.