Hello Friends! We are honored to be participants in a blog hop today to celebrate the new Joy Clair release. This hop is filled with talented artists who have created amazing projects to share with you! Please hop along with us to check out the beautiful new designs and be inspired to create along the way!!
Our project today is an elegant floral card featuring gorgeous flowers and a sentiment from the Truly Inspire digital stamp set.
- We opened the 2 floral images in a Word document, resized and printed them in greyscale onto Bristol Smooth Cardstock using a laser printer.
- The florals were watercolored using watercolor markers. Several layers of color were added to the images to achieve the desired depth and shading and then set aside to dry.
- Once dry, the floral images were fussy cut.
- The sentiment was also opened in a Word document. It was resized and printed using a laser printer.
- Since the sentiment was printed as a toner image, we used heat-activated foil and our thermal laminator to apply gold foil to the sentiment.
- The sentiment was then cut out using a decorative hexagon die.
- Several leafy branches were die cut from vellum.
- A panel of white cardstock measuring 3 3/4” x 5” was dry embossed using an embossing folder and our die cutting machine.
- The embossed panel was matted with a slightly larger panel of gold mirror cardstock measuring 4” x 5 1/4”.
- The floral images were arranged onto the hexagon sentiment panel. The vellum leafy branches were cut apart and arranged around the flowers. Once we were happy with the placement of everything, it was adhered directly to the hexagon panel with liquid glue.
- The sentiment panel was adhered to the center of the embossed background panel with liquid glue.
- The matted background panel was adhered to a side folding white card base measuring 4 1/4” x 5 1/2”.
- Several pearls were adhered to the card with liquid glue to form a “visual triangle”.
Thank you so much for joining us today. We are always so grateful for your visit. Don’t forget to join in the Blog Hop fun!
Michele and Maureen
BLOG HOP DETAILS:
All you have to do is hop along to each stop & leave a comment along the way to be entered to win! Winners will be posted here on Joy Clair Designs Blog by business end on February 22. You must check this blog & claim your prize within one week.
Grand Prizes: One comment from this blog post will win the “Springish Fiesta Bundle 2022“ entire release. Three comments from all designer’s blog hop posts will win two digital stamp sets each one from our New Release “Springish Fiesta 2022”.
Joy Clair Designs
Martha Lucia Gomez
Maureen & Michele <<– YOU ARE HERE
Full Supply List:
- Floral images & sentiment: Joy Clair Designs – Truly Inspire digital stamp set
- Hexagon die: Gina Marie Designs – Big & Little Pierced Chain Hexagons
- Embossing folder: Sizzix – Tiny Dots
- Foil: iCraft – Gold D’or Oro Deco Foil
- Kaisercraft – Leaf Stem
- Simon Says Stamp – Delicate Leafy Branch
- Pearls: Pinkfresh Studio – Metallic Gold Pearls
- For foiling, background panel & card base: Hammermill – Copy Cover 100 lb
- For watercoloring: Bristol Smooth White
- Watercolor: Arteza – Real brush pens
- Liquid glue: Bearly Art