Hello and welcome friends! We are so happy you are here.
We are sharing a somewhat simple card today that was created with minimal supplies and came together quickly.
- The flower is from Altenew’s “Spring Daisy” stamp set. It was colored with copic markers and then colored pencils gave it more shadow and depth. The coordinating die was used to cut out the flower and leaves.
- The sentiment die is called ‘Fancy Thanks” and is also made by Altenew. The sentiment was cut from black cardstock several times and layered for dimension.
- Three white cardstock panels were cut to measure 5.5” x 6”.
- The two smallest “Hemstitch Squares” dies by Spellbinders were used to cut openings with Hemstitching around each opening in two of the cardstock panels.
- Black cardstock was used to cover the Hemstitched holes on the back side of the two panels.
- The panel with the smallest square opening was mounted onto the solid white cardstock panel.
- The panel with the larger square opening was then mounted on top of that using foam squares to add dimension.
- The flower and leaves were adhered to the center opening using foam squares and liquid glue.
- The sentiment was adhered in place with liquid glue.
- The completed panel was mounted to a black card base measuring 5.75” x 6.25”.
- Wink of Stella was added to the center of the flower for a little shine.
Thanks for visiting us today. Stay well and healthy!
Until next time,
Maureen & Michele
“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel”
- Flower Stamp Set: Altenew – “Spring Daisy”
- Sentiment Die: Altenew – “Fancy Thanks”
- Stitched Dies: Spellbinders – “Hemstitch Squares”
- Shimmer Pen: Kuretake – “Wink of Stella”
- White cardstock: Accent Opaque 80lb
- Black cardstock: Source unknown
- Alcohol Markers: Copic Sketch
- Petals: C00, C0, C1, C3, C4
- Flower center: Y19, Y08, Y02
- Leaves: G82, G85, G94