Hello and welcome! Thank you for visiting today.
We recently discovered the company Dare 2B Artzy and just had to order some of their products! We fell in love with this adorable skunk and thought it would be perfect to create an interactive card with.
- The images were stamped with alcohol-friendly ink on Accent Opaque 80lb. white cardstock.
- The images were colored with alcohol markers and shading was added with colored pencils.
- The images were cut out using both fussy-cutting and coordinating dies.
- After laying out the main skunk image to approximate the placement, 2 slots were cut into the panel to accommodate the interactive element. (The creation of the interactive element is detailed on Jennifer McGuire’s blog here).
- Once the interactive elements were in place and adhered, the scene was created on the card panel using dotted cloud and grass dies that were ink blended using Distress inks.
- Foam tape was used to adhere the scene on the card panel so as to accommodate and not interfere with the movement of the interactive element.
- The sentiment was stamped on the cloud with black pigment ink and was heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
- The skunk image and present were adhered to the card panel with foam tape for dimension. The flower was adhered with liquid glue.
- “Pull Me” was stamped onto the interactive pull tab.
- The entire card panel was adhered to a white card base made with Accent Opaque 120 lb. cardstock.
- The skunk’s nose and eyes were covered with a coat of Glossy Accents for dimension and shine.
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, it’s not”
As always, we appreciate you stopping by to take a look. Stay safe and healthy!
Michele and Maureen
- All images: Dare 2B Artzy – “Stinkin’ Happy” stamp set
- Cloud die: Divinity Designs – Cloud Borders
- Grass die: Hello Sweetums – Grass is Greener
- Alcohol-friendly Ink: My Favorite Things – Extreme Black Ink
- Ink for sentiment: Tsukineko – Versafine Onyx Black
- Embossing powder: WOW – Clear
- Distress Inks: Tim Holtz/Ranger
- Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Stormy Sky, Salty Ocean
- Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Forest Moss
- Alcohol Markers: Copic Sketch Markers
- T9, T7, T5, T4, T2, T0, RV23, RV10
- B29, B26, B18, R29, R24, R14
- Y19, Y08, Y02, YR18, YR27, E27
- Flower pot:
- YR27, YR18, YR14