Hello friends! Have you ever seen a new product release that just spoke to your soul and you knew that you just had to have it?? That’s how we felt about the Capturing Summer Collection from The Greetery and today we are sharing a card we made using many of the products from this collection. Is there any better setting for a welcome home card than a rocking chair on a front porch? We think not!
- We began by die cutting the front porch, the rocker, throw rug, flower pot, flowers and leaf corner from heavy weight white cardstock.
- The individual die cuts were colored using various dye inks and blending brushes
- The upper portion of the front porch die cut was masked off and the porch floor boards were colored with dye inks as well.
- The striped pattern was added to the throw rug using a slim striped stencil and dye ink.
- The pumpkins were colored using alcohol markers and additional shading was added with colored pencils. They were then fussy-cut.
- The tree was stenciled onto a background panel of 80 lb. white cardstock measuring 4” x 5 ¼”.
- A very pale wash of blue was added to the balance of the background panel with dye ink and a blending brush.
- Clouds and sky details were stamped onto the backgound panel with dye ink.
- The porch die cut was adhered directly to the background panel with liquid adhesive, leaving most of the upper and upper left portions of the die cut unadhered to facilitate adding the additional greenery.
- The throw rug and rocking chair were positioned and adhered in place with liquid adhesive.
- The additional greenery & foliage was trimmed down a bit to better fit the scene and was tucked in and adhered to the upper & left hand portions of the panel.
- Once the main elements were in place, the sentiment was carefully stamped directly onto the background panel with crisp black pigment ink.
- The flower pot/flowers and pumpkins were adhered to the scene as shown.
- The entire card panel was matted with a Kraft cardstock panel measuring 4 ¼” x 5 ½”.
- The matted panel was adhered to a card base created from heavyweight cardstock.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Stay safe and happy crafting!
Michele and Maureen
“We don’t have to agree on anything to be kind to one another.”
- Porch, rocker, potted flower, throw rug: The Greetery – Sitting Pretty & Sitting Pretty Accessories die sets
- Greenery/foliage: The Greetery – A side of Greens
- Fall Tree: The Greetery – Fir & Foliage stencil set
- Pumpkins: Simon Says Stamp – Pumpkin Spice Season
- Sky details & clouds: The Greetery – Sunset Skies
- Sentiment: Elizabeth Craft Designs – Home Sweet Home
- Subsentiment: Doodlebug Design – Nursery Friends
- Dye inks – Tim Holtz Distress Inks & Altenew Crisp Dye Inks
- Black Pigment Ink: Tsukineko – Versafine Onyx Black
- Alcohol markers: Copics
- Colored Pencils: Faber Castell Polychromos
- Liquid adhesive: Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue
- White cardstock:
Die cuts: Accent Opaque 80 lb.
Card base: Accent Opaque 120 lb.