Welcome crafty friend! Today we are participating in an Instagram Hop to celebrate the famous Swiss tradition Alpabzug. In the Autumn, the cows who reside in the mountains are brought down to their lowland farms wearing beautiful floral wreaths. There are prizes for participating in the hop, so be sure to stop by our Instagram account and leave a comment.
- A circle frame was cut using metallic cardstock. This will form the foundation for the floral wreath.
- Several flowers were stamped using a coordinating pair of pink, peach and light blue inks, and leaves were stamped using a pair of green inks.
- All flowers and leaves were cut out using the coordinating dies.
- The Hello sentiment was cut once using the same metallic cardstock that was used for the thin circle frame, and twice from white cardstock. These were glued together with liquid adhesive to give the word dimension and stability.
- An A2 sized panel was cut from 80# white cardstock and run through the diecut machine with an embossing folder.
- A side-folding card base was made from 120# cardstock to measure 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″.
- The embossed panel was adhered to the center of the card base which created a nice border around the panel.
- The thin gold circle was adhered to the embossed panel using liquid glue.
- The flowers and leaves were arranged and then adhered with liquid glue once we were happy with their placement.
- Small dots were added to the centers of the flowers using metallic Nuvo drops and set aside to dry.
- Once the drops were completely dry, the sentiment was adhered using liquid glue.
We appreciate that you stopped by. Stay safe and happy crafting!
Maureen and Michele
“You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Flowers: The Stamp Market – Layered Lovelies
- Sentiment: My Favorite Things – Hello
- Circle Frame Die: Simon Says Stamp – Circle Thin Frames
- Embossing Folder: Sizzix – Intertwine 3D Texture Fades Folder
- Metallic Cardstock: Tonic Studios – Mirror Harvest Gold
- Dye Ink: Concord & 9th – Ballet Slipper, Grapefruit; My Favorite Things – Sno Cone, Berrylicious, Peach Bellini; Gina K – Innocent Pink; Catherine Pooler – Hot Tub, Skylight
- Metallic Drops: Tonic Studios – Autumn Pearl Crystal Drops
- Liquid adhesive: Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue
- White cardstock:
– Die cuts: Accent Opaque 80 lb.
– Card base: Accent Opaque 120 lb.