Hello and thanks for stopping by! We appreciate that you are here.
Do you love MEGA sales?? If you do, then head over to Gracielle Design and take advantage of her end of month mega sale where you can get ALL 4 of her latest releases at a 50% discount.
Today’s card was made using elements from the “Words of Hope” set which is included in the MEGA sale bundle! We really enjoyed using watercolors on our last card so we thought we would use them again.
- Several Orchid leaves and buds were resized and printed onto Canson Aquarelle watercolor paper using a laser printer.
- Using watercolor pencils, color was added to the images and clean water was then added to spread the pigment around to achieve the desired look.
- Once dried, the images were fussy-cut on the black outlines so that no white space was left around the images.
- Distress Inks were used to add a wash of color a piece of Canson Aquarelle watercolor paper.
- Splatters were added to the entire panel using the same Distress Inks and a little black acrylic paint.
- Once dried, the panel was sent through a laser printer to add the sentiment.
- The panel was then trimmed down to 4” x 5.25”.
- The water colored panel was mounted to a 4.25” x 5.5” scalloped rectangle cut from black cardstock using an A7 die from HoneyBee Stamps.
- The leaves and buds were arranged and adhered to the bottom of the card base. Some images were adhered with foam tape to add dimension.
- The finished card panel was mounted to a 4.5” x 5.75” white card base using Accent Opaque 120lb paper.
As always, we are grateful for your visit. Stay well and please stop by again!
Michele & Maureen
“When we seek to discover the best in others, we somehow bring out the best in ourselves.”
William Arthur Ward
- Floral image & sentiment: Graciellie Design – “Words of Hope” digital stamp bundle
- Watercolor Pencils: Loew Cornell – Simply Art
- Watercolor Paper: Canson Aquarelle Cold Press
- Black Acrylic Paint: Delta – Ceramcoat Select
- Background: Tim Holtz/Ranger Ink – Distress Ink
- Peacock Feathers
- Salty Ocean
- Wilted Violet
- A7 Scallop Die: HoneyBee Stamps
- White cardstock: Accent Opaque 120lb