Hello friends and thank you so much for visiting! Today we are sharing a card created with a very special stamp set. This digital stamp bundle is from Graciellie Design and it’s called “Querida Amiga” which means “Dear Friend”. The owner/artist is a kind soul and was devastated watching the struggle of many people in her community who have lost their jobs due to Covid 19. Wanting to help however she can, she created this beautiful stamp set that includes a gorgeous Desert Rose image and 29 thoughtful Spanish sentiments! ALL proceeds from the sale of this set will go toward helping families in Honduras, Central America with donations of food and personal care products.
- The Desert Rose digital images and sentiment were sized and printed on a laser printer.
- All the flowers were colored with Copic markers.
- Shadows and details were added to the images with colored pencils.
- The flowers were all fussy-cut.
- The sentiment was cut with a scalloped die from Honey Bee Stamps.
- The 5”x7” cardstock panel was cut from Accent Opaque 80lb. cardstock
- The center of the panel was marked lightly with a pencil, and a grid was drawn to plan the placement of the die cut windows.
- A die from Pinkfresh Studio was used to cut the 6 circle windows, starting with the center 2 and working outward to ensure proper placement.
- The panel was splattered with black gouache, and then with gold Color Shine.
- The card panel was trimmed to 4 ¾”x 6 ¾”.
- A piece of black fun foam cut slightly smaller than the card front was adhered to the back of the panel with liquid glue.
- The entire card front was matted with black cardstock measuring 5” x 7”, and was then adhered to a card base made from Accent Opaque 120lb. cardstock.
- The flowers were popped up with foam tape for dimension within each of the 6 die cut circle frames.
- The die cut sentiment was backed with a thin black cardstock mat, and was adhered to the card panel with foam tape to add even more dimension.
- Wink of Stella was added to the center of each flower for some sparkle.
- A few gold sequins were scattered across the card front and adhered with liquid glue.
Thanks for stopping by. Your feedback is always welcome, so we would love it if you would leave a comment below.
Until next time,
Michele & Maureen
“Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are.”
– Harold S. Kushner
- Card panel: Accent Opaque 80lb.
- Card base: Accent Opaque 120lb.
- Floral image & sentiment: Graciellie Design – “Querida Amiga” digital stamp bundle
- Circle frames: Pinkfresh Studio – “Braided Circles” die set
- Sentiment strip – Honey Bee Stamps – “A7 Scallop”
- Copic sketch markers
- Faber Castell Polychromos pencils
- Black splatters: Black gouache
- Gold splatters: Pink Paislee/Heidi Swapp – Gold Color Shine spray
- Kuretake Zig – Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen
- Sequins – From our stash (Sorry – not sure where these came from)