Hello and welcome friends! We are so happy to be participating in the Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop!
Today we are sharing a very bright, colorful, summer-inspired coffee card with images from Gracielle Design’s newest release called “Coffee Queen”. This gorgeous set features three lovely coffee cup images, and nine sentiments that are perfect for any coffee enthusiast on your mailing list.
- The beauty of digital images is that you can have so much fun getting them to fit just the way you need them to. For this card we used Microsoft PowerPoint to crop the flower and leaves from the coffee cup and then we layered them to create a coordinating spray of flowers for the top of the card.
- We printed the images onto Bristol Smooth cardstock and colored the flowers with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers (pink: 025, 021, 202, yellow: 052, 050, green: 044, 041). The coffee cup was colored with Copic markers (brown: E34, E35, E51, E53, bluegreen: BG45, BG49).
- We used our brand new Spellbinders Elegant Twist die and cut the frame from yellow cardstock. We used the same die set and cut a thin inner square from pink.
- We splattered the yellow cardstock frame with black acrylic paint and adhered the pink thin square after it had dried.
- We fussy-cut the flower and cup images, colored the white halo edge around the images using a yellow copic marker (Y19) to help the images blend into the background better.
- The images were mounted onto the yellow diecut square using foam tape which was then mounted onto a teal cardstock panel. The panel was then adhered to a white card base measuring 4-3/4″ x 4-3/4″
- Lemon Burst pearls from Studio Katia were added to finish the card.
Thanks again for visiting. Your feedback is always welcome, so feel free to leave a comment below.
Until next time,
Maureen & Michele
“Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are.”
– Harold S. Kushner
- Coffee cup image and sentiment: Graciellie Design – “Coffee Queen”
- Copic Sketch Markers: E34, E35, E51, E53, BG45, BG49, Y19
- Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers: 025, 021, 202, 052, 050, 044, 041
- Frame Die: Spellbinders – Elegant Twist Square
- White Cardstock (images): Strathmore Bristol Smooth
- White Cardstock (card base): Accent Opaque White 120#
- Colored Cardstock: Source unknown (have had this paper in our stash for decades)
- Embellishments: Studio Katia – Lemon Burst Pearls
Lisa ByersMay 22, 2020 at 1:31 pm
Beautiful card!! Love the bright colors!!
Charlotte E (Lady Joyful)May 24, 2020 at 12:31 pm
This is gorgeous! I love the colours you used.
Billie AMay 24, 2020 at 2:17 pm
Very pretty card.
kelly BoothMay 24, 2020 at 3:00 pm
Such a Pretty Card!!
Holly FloresMay 24, 2020 at 8:49 pm
This is so pretty!
Vinita JainMay 25, 2020 at 2:10 am
So bright and beautiful card!
Verna AngerhoferMay 25, 2020 at 6:11 am
Fantastic coloring of this beautiful design.
Shell BMay 27, 2020 at 12:40 am
Simply Beautiful caffeinated creation!!
Cheryl (SheStamps)May 27, 2020 at 9:27 pm
I saw your card on the 2020 Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Summer Blog Hop and thought I would pop by. Cute card!
Fikreta PosavecMay 29, 2020 at 1:00 pm
Its so very pretty!