Hello and welcome friends! We are so happy to be participating in the Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop!
Today we are sharing a very bright, colorful, summer-inspired coffee card with images from Gracielle Design’s newest release called “Coffee Queen”. This gorgeous set features three lovely coffee cup images, and nine sentiments that are perfect for any coffee enthusiast on your mailing list.
- The beauty of digital images is that you can have so much fun getting them to fit just the way you need them to. For this card we used Microsoft PowerPoint to crop the flower and leaves from the coffee cup and then we layered them to create a coordinating spray of flowers for the top of the card.
- We printed the images onto Bristol Smooth cardstock and colored the flowers with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers (pink: 025, 021, 202, yellow: 052, 050, green: 044, 041). The coffee cup was colored with Copic markers (brown: E34, E35, E51, E53, bluegreen: BG45, BG49).
- We used our brand new Spellbinders Elegant Twist die and cut the frame from yellow cardstock. We used the same die set and cut a thin inner square from pink.
- We splattered the yellow cardstock frame with black acrylic paint and adhered the pink thin square after it had dried.
- We fussy-cut the flower and cup images, colored the white halo edge around the images using a yellow copic marker (Y19) to help the images blend into the background better.
- The images were mounted onto the yellow diecut square using foam tape which was then mounted onto a teal cardstock panel. The panel was then adhered to a white card base measuring 4-3/4″ x 4-3/4″
- Lemon Burst pearls from Studio Katia were added to finish the card.
Thanks again for visiting. Your feedback is always welcome, so feel free to leave a comment below.
Until next time,
Maureen & Michele
“Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are.”
– Harold S. Kushner
- Coffee cup image and sentiment: Graciellie Design – “Coffee Queen”
- Copic Sketch Markers: E34, E35, E51, E53, BG45, BG49, Y19
- Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers: 025, 021, 202, 052, 050, 044, 041
- Frame Die: Spellbinders – Elegant Twist Square
- White Cardstock (images): Strathmore Bristol Smooth
- White Cardstock (card base): Accent Opaque White 120#
- Colored Cardstock: Source unknown (have had this paper in our stash for decades)
- Embellishments: Studio Katia – Lemon Burst Pearls