Welcome back! Today we are sharing these cute bees which are part of a free digital download from Clearly Besotted. As of the date of this post, this set is still available.
- We imported the images into a Word document, resized and printed them.
- The images were colored with Copic markers.
- The images were cut using our Cricut Explore Air II.
- The hexagon frame was created using “Hex Frame” dies from Honey Bee Stamps, and was softly inked using a blender brush.
- The rainbow background inside of the hex frame was created using the watercolor stroke stamp from an American Crafts set. The image was stamped repeatedly with Hero Arts Shadow Dye inks, overlapping the colors slightly.
- An A2 white cardstock panel was dry embossed with an embossing folder from Cricut Cuttlebug, and the raised image was highlighted with a soft application of yellow ink.
- The bees and beehive were popped up with foam tape to add dimension.
- The entire card panel was matted with pale yellow cardstock an was adhered to a top-folding white notecard.
- Wink of Stella was added to the wings of the bees, and details were added with a white Gelly Roll pen.
- Glossy Accents were used on the eyes of the bees.
- The sentiments were popped up for added dimension.
We want to thank you again for visiting. Your feedback is always welcome, so we would love it if you would leave a comment below.
Until next time,
Michele & Maureen
“Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are.”
– Harold S. Kushner
- Images: Clearly Besotted – “Bee Safe”
- Hex Frame: Honey Bee Stamps
- Die cut sentiment: W Plus 9 – “Hand Lettered Hello”
- Secondary sentiment: Hero Arts – “Daisy & Bugs – DC219”
- Copic Sketch markers:
- Bee bodies: Y19, Y08, Y04, Y02, T8, T6, T4
- Bee wings: B00, B000, B0000
- Hive: E81, E55, E31
- Leaves: YG03, YG25, YG17
- Background stamping: American Crafts – “Every Day Stamps”
- Hero Arts Shadow Dye Ink:
- Pale Tomato
- Butter Bar
- Fresh Lawn
- Stone Wash
- Grape Juice
- Hexagon background: Cricut/Cuttlebug – “Hex Background”
- Versamark Ink
- Embossing powder: Brutus Monroe – Alabaster White