Welcome friend! We are so happy you stopped by.
As a sister-team, everything we create is a collaborative effort. The only exception is when we create cards for each other! It was Maureen’s birthday last week so we are sharing the card Michele made in in honor of that occasion. Whimsy Stamps has some of the most adorable images and we think this penguin made the cutest card.
- The “Penguin Birthday” stamp by Whimsy Stamps was stamped onto Accent Opaque White 80lb cardstock using My Favorite Things Extreme Black ink.
- The image was colored using alcohol markers.
- Shadows and details were added to the image using colored pencils.
- Using black cardstock, the “Birthday” sentiment by Honey Bee Stamps was diecut several times and stacked for dimension and strength.
- The sub sentiment from the “Sassy Birthday” stamp set by Technique Tuesday was stamped onto Accent Opaque White 80lb cardstock and trimmed.
- A white cardstock panel was cut to 4.75” x 6.75” and dry embossed using the “Brush Dot” embossing folder by Joann Fabrics/Park Lane.
- Using the “Dotted Oval Framelits” die set from Sizzix, a dotted oval frame was cut from a piece of the same white cardstock.
- A corresponding oval frame was cut from white fun foam.
- The cardstock frame was adhered to the foam frame with liquid glue.
- The dimensional frame was centered and adhered over the penguin image with liquid glue.
- The framed penguin panel was adhered on to the embossed background panel.
- The sentiment and sub-sentiment strip were adhered using foam tape.
- The embossed background panel was mounted to a 5” x 7” piece of yellow glitter cardstock.
- The finished card panel was mounted to a 5” x 7” side-folding white note card using Accent Opaque 120lb paper.
- Clear shimmer was added to the dots on the party hat and to the balloon.
- Glossy Accents was added over the balloon, and the penguin’s eyes and beak for shine and dimension.
As always, we are grateful for your visit. Stay well and please stop by again!
Michele & Maureen
“Do your little bit of good where you are: it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world”
- Penguin image: Whimsy Stamps – “Penguin Birthday”
- Embossing Folder: Joann Fabrics/Park Lane – “Brush Dot”
- Oval Frame: Sizzix – “Dotted Oval Framelits”
- Birthday Die: Honey Bee Stamps – “Birthday Honey Cuts”
- Sub-Sentiment: Technique Tuesday – “Sassy Birthday”
- Glitter Paper: Diecuts With a View
- Alcohol Markers: Copic Sketch
- Penguin body: T0, T2, T3, T5, T7, T9
- Beak & feet: YR21, YR12, E97
- Party hat: R14, R27, R29
- Gift: B21, B18, B26, B29, Y02, Y11, Y00
- Balloon: Y11, Y02, Y06, Y08
- Shadow: W0, W3, W4, W6
- Colored Pencils: Faber Castell – Polychromos pencils
- Glossy Accents: Ranger
- Glitter marker: Tonic Studios – Aqua Shimmer pen – Midas Touch
- White cardstock: Accent Opaque 80lb and 120lb