Hello and welcome! Thanks so much for visiting today.
The card we are sharing is our second creation in honor of Gracie’s birthday – She is the owner and artist behind Graciellie Design. To celebrate, she is having a week long sale. EVERYTHING in the shop is 50% off, plus you get the Magnolia Dreams set FREE with a $10 purchase!
- The images used are from “Floral Heart Banners” and “Cupcake Wishes” sets.
- The images and sentiment were resized and printed on a laser printer.
- The images were colored with Copic Sketch Markers (colors used are in the supply list at the end of this post).
- Shadows and details were added to the images with colored pencils.
- The images were fussy-cut, and a black marker was used to color all the cut edges of cardstock to give the images a more finished look.
- Since we didn’t have a birthday candle stamp of the correct size, the simple candle image was hand-drawn with a black permanent fine-line pen, colored as the other images, and fussy-cut.
- The A2 sized panel was cut from white cardstock and Distress Oxide ink was added using a blender brush, concentrating the ink in the center of the panel and fading it out to white at the edges.
- A scripty background stamp was inked with Versamark ink and stamped over the inked panel. Opaque white embossing powder was added, and was heat set with a heat tool.
- The card panel was cut down slightly to measure 4” x 5 ¼”.
- An oval die was used to cut a window from the panel (slightly off center) to ground and “frame” our colored focal point images.
- The negative space outside the oval frame was popped up with foam tape on an A2 card base, and the oval die cut was adhered in the recessed window with liquid glue.
- The colored images were popped up with foam tape for dimension.
- The sentiment was cut into a strip and notched on one end with scissors to create a fishtail banner.
- The banner was also popped up for dimension and adhered to the card front, partially overlapping the oval window and the floral heart.
- Wink of Stella was added to the cupcake paper.
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer pen was brushed onto the candle flame and the flower centers.
- Nuvo Crystal Drops were added to the sprinkles on the cupcake.
Thanks again for visiting! Stay safe and have a great day!
Michele & Maureen
“Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are.”
– Harold S. Kushner
- Floral Heart image: Graciellie Design – “Floral Heart Banners”
- Cupcake: Graciellie Design – “Cupcake Wishes”
- Sentiment: Graciellie Design: “Hey Lovely”
- Background stamp: Catherine Pooler – “Love Note Background”
- Background ink: Tim Holtz/Ranger Distress Oxide Ink – Speckled Egg
- Versamark Ink – Tsukineko
- Embossing powder: Brutus Monroe – Alabaster White Opaque
- Oval Die – Sizzix – Dotted Ovals Framelits
- Copic Sketch Markers:
- Floral heart – V01, RV63, V06, V17
- Flower centers – Y18, Y08, Y04, Y11
- Cupcake paper – R29, R24, R14
- Cake – E35, E34, E31
- Frosting – E35, E23, E27, E29
- Candle – RV13, RV02, RV10, C3, C1, C00
- Wink of Stella: Kuretake Zig – Clear Glitter
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Pen: Tonic Studios – Midas Touch #881
- Nuvo Crystal Drops: Tonic Studios – Ivory Seashell