Welcome! We are happy you stopped by.
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ICE CREAM!! We have had a very long stretch of hot summer weather here in Western NY so it was only fitting to make a card showcasing something cold and delicious! We think the images on the new “Coffee & Ice Cream” digital set by Graciellie Design were perfect for the task.
- Several ice cream cones and the sentiment were resized and printed onto Accent Opaque 80lb white cardstock.
- The images were colored with alcohol markers to represent chocolate, vanilla and strawberry ice cream scoops.
- All ice cream cone images were fussy-cut.
- The sentiment was cut out using a scalloped rectangle die by CC Designs.
- Several hearts were cut from the same cardstock and colored with alcohol markers to match the strawberry ice cream.
- A card panel was cut to a size of 5 ¼” x 4”.
- The panel was ink blended with Distress Oxide inks.
- Splatters were added to the panel using clean water as well as white gouache.
- The ice cream cones and hearts were randomly adhered to the ink blended card panel using foam tape to give dimension.
- A small pink heart was adhered to the sentiment rectangle which was then adhered to the panel
- The card panel was adhered to the center of an A2 sized side-folding card base.
A little shimmer was added to the hearts using Wink of Stella.
This card was simple and fun to make using limited supplies. As always, we are grateful that you stopped by. Stay safe (and cool)!
Michele & Maureen
“We don’t have to agree on anything to be kind to one another”
- Ice cream cones & Sentiment: Graciellie Design – “Coffee & Ice Cream”
- Heart Dies: Recollections (Michael’s) – Hearts Background Die
- Scalloped Rectangle Die: CC Designs – “Scalloped Rectangle Metal Die”
- Alcohol Markers: Copic Sketch
- Background ink: Tim Holtz/Ranger – Distress Oxide Inks
- Peacock Feathers
- Broken China
- Chipped Sapphire
- White Gouache: Paper Fashion – Dancing Clouds
- Shimmer Pen: Kuretake – Wink of Stella
- Card Panel: Accent Opaque 80 lb. white cardstock
- Card Base: Accent Opaque 120 lb. white cardstock
MauraJuly 11, 2020 at 11:11 am
LOVE this!!! Thanks for the directions!