Hello and welcome crafty friend! Thanks for stopping by to take a peek at our blog post today.
We were chatting via Skype earlier today about fun products that we are looking forward to playing with once this social distancing order is lifted. We both agreed that the first thing we want to do is use our alcohol inks. The last time we got together and pulled them out, we had such a great time and made dozens of beautiful panels. That reminded us that we still had a few left in our stash! We pulled out a panel that had a blend of pinks, purples and reds and used it to create the focal point of the card that we are sharing today.
- A background was created using various colors of alcohol inks on Yupo paper
- The inked panel was die cut twice to create two floral elements
- The same floral die was used to create two die cuts from black craft foam
- The inked die cuts were adhered on top of the foam die cut pieces using spray adhesive
- A 4 ¾” x 6 ¾” card panel was cut from light gray cardstock
- The floral elements were laid on top of the card panel to decide the placement of the sentiment. The sentiment was stamped with black pigment ink and was heat embossed
- The panel was then splattered with black acrylic craft paint that was thinned slightly with water
- The floral elements were adhered to the gray card panel with small dots of liquid glue
- Once dry, the floral elements were trimmed even with the panel edges with scissors
- The gray card panel was double matted with black and purple
- The matted card panel was adhered to a 5” x 7” white card base
Red pearls were scattered across the card panel and were adhered with liquid glue.
As always, we are grateful for your visit today. Stay safe!
Michele and Maureen
“I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people”
Vincent Van Gogh
- Yupo paper: Ranger – White Yupo
- Alcohol inks: Ranger
- Floral die: Sizzix – Floral Wrap
- Craft foam: Horizon Group – Go Create!
- Sentiment: Ken Oliver Crafts – “Giving Props”
- Pigment Ink: Tsukineko – Versafine Onyx Black
- Embossing powder: Wow – Clear Ultrafine
- Spray adhesive: E6000
- Liquid glue: Art Glitter Designer Adhesive
- Card base: Accent Opaque – White 120 lb.
- Pearl embellishments: Little Things from Lucy’s Cards
- Black & purple cardstock: Our stash – Unknown