Welcome! We are happy you stopped by.
Today we are sharing another ice cream card using an image from Graciellie Design’s latest “Coffee & Ice Cream” digital set. We really had fun coloring this cone of deliciousness and practiced adding shading and texture with our colored pencils.
- The triple-scoop ice cream cone image was resized and printed onto Accent Opaque 80lb white cardstock.
- The image was colored with alcohol markers to represent mint chocolate-chip, strawberry and chocolate ice cream scoops.
- Colored pencils were used to add depth and shadows to the cone and ice cream.
- The image was fussy-cut
- The sentiment was resized and printed onto 80lb kraft cardstock.
- A card panel using kraft 80lb cardstock was cut to a size of 4 ¾” x 6”. The Pierced Plaid Cover die was used to add texture to this panel.
- Using the Hemstitched Rectangle dies, a frame was cut from beige 65lb cardstock that measured 4 1/8” x 5 3/8”.
- Using a medium brown 80lb cardstock, the texture diecut was created using the “Texture 2” die from The Paper Rose.
- The texture diecut was cut into three pieces and adhered randomly to the kraft card panel, slightly hanging off the edges.
- The beige Hemstitched frame was adhered to the center of the card panel on top of the texture diecuts.
- A fishtail banner die was used to cut out the sentiment which was adhered to the panel.
- The ice cream cone was adhered using foam tape to give dimension.
- The kraft card panel was adhered to a medium brown 80lb side-folding card base that measures 5-1/8” x 6-1/4”.
This card was simple and fun to make. As always, we are grateful that you stopped by. Stay safe (and cool)!
Maureen & Michele
“Wherever there is a human in need, there is an opportunity for kindness and to make a difference.”
- Ice cream cone & Sentiment: Graciellie Design – “Coffee & Ice Cream”
- Fishtail Banner Die: My Favorite Things – “Jumbo Fishtail Banner”
- Pierced Cover Die: The Stamp Market – “Pierced Plaid Cover Die”
- Texture Diecut: The Paper Rose – “Texture 2”
- Stitched Rectangle Frame: Spellbinders – “Hemstitch Rectangle”
- Alcohol Markers: Copic Sketch
- Cone: E33, E37
- Chocolate Ice Cream: E44, E79, E89
- Strawberry Ice Cream: R32, R30, RV14
- Mint Chocolate-chip Ice Cream: G40, G43
- Colored Pencils: Southsun Oil Pencils
- Kraft, Brown and Beige Cardstock: Source unknown
- White Cardstock for Image: Accent Opaque 80 lb. white cardstock