Hello and welcome to our very first post on the Kreative Kinship blog! Thank you so much for visiting!
Today we wanted to share this ruffled flower wreath card that we created using two flower images and a sentiment from Graciellie Design “Hey Lovely” digital stamp set. This set includes 2 floral images and 5 wonderful sentiments that are perfect for various occasions.
- When we first saw these lovely ruffled flowers, we thought that they would look beautiful as a layered wreath. We used Microsoft Word and spent a bit of time resizing, rotating, flipping and layering the flowers until we were happy with the result. Then the image was printed to fit on an A2 card panel.
- We colored the stamped image with Copics (YR09, YR16 and YR04), added depth with Faber Castell Polychromos pencils and then fussy-cut the image.
- We wanted the panel to be vibrant so we used colors that are complimentary to the oranges of the flowers. We ink blended the background panel with Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Twisted Citron, Lucky Clover, Peacock Feathers, Dusty Concord and Chipped Sapphire).
- We used gray Copics (N2, N1 & N0) to add a shadow inside the wreath which also gave it more depth.
- We used a brick patterned stencil and sprayed water over it onto the background panel. Without moving the stencil, we used a dry paper towel to blot the excess water off the background panel.
- We added black and white splatters with acrylic paint for added texture.
- We used fun foam to adhere behind the wreath for dimension, added a very thin mat of black cardstock to the background panel and adhered that to an A2 sized white card base.
- A few enamel dots from CC Designs finished this card off.
Until next time,
Michele & Maureen
“Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are.”
– Harold S. Kushner
- Supplies Used:
- Floral images: Graciellie Design – “Hey Lovely” digital stamp set
- Images colored with:
- Copic Sketch Markers
- Faber Castell Polychromos pencils
- Background panel: Tim Holtz/Ranger Ink
- Twisted Citron
- Lucky Clover
- Peacock Feathers
- Dusty Concord
- Chipped Sapphire
- White Cardstock (card base) – Accent Opaque 120#
- Stencil: TCW – “Bricks”
- Enamel Dots: CC Designs