Hello crafty friends! We are happy that you stopped by. We used a variety of products to make today’s card – some old and some new. We paired the Cosmos Flower Frame die from Simon Says Stamp with their brand-new Outline Leaves background stamp and we are pretty happy with the results.
- The Cosmos flowers were cut using Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock. After running the die through our die cutting machine, we carefully left all the pieces intact before separating the die from the paper and secured the pieces in place using some micropore tape on the back of the flowers.
- A second set of the Cosmos flowers were cut from Accent Opaque white cardstock. The inside pieces were separated from the outline of the flower and discarded. Only the outline portion of these dies were needed.
- Using the Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers, the flowers cut from Bristol Smooth cardstock were colored. Some plain water was added lightly with a small paint brush to help blend the color on the petals.
- Once the colored flowers were dry, the second set of flowers (with just the outlines) was glued over the colored flower.
- A frame was die cut from white cardstock using the crimped frame die from The Greetery.
- The subsentiment was stamped onto a piece of light gray cardstock with Versafine black ink and then cut with a sentiment die from Altenew.
- The word “Smile” was die cut 3 times from black cardstock, and the die cuts were layered and adhered together with liquid glue to create a thick, dimensional die cut
- The background panel was stamped with the new Outline Leaves background stamp from Simon Says Stamp using Versamark ink onto light gray cardstock and then embossed using white embossing powder.
- Using a small paint brush and very, very little water, the same color used to color the flower was used to add a hint of color to the leaves on the background panel.
- Once dried, the panel was cut to 5.75” x 5.75”
- The background panel was adhered to a top-folding note card measuring 6” x 6”
- The white crimped frame was mounted to a piece of light gray cardstock (same color used for the panel) measuring 3.75” x 4.75” using foam mounting squares so that the frame is raised up from the gray cardstock.
- The flowers were arranged and glued to the gray cardstock inside the crimped frame
- The flower fame was adhered to the center of the card panel.
- The stacked “Smile” and subsentiment were arranged and glued to the card with liquid glue
As always, we are so thankful for your visit. We would love your feedback, so feel free to leave your comments if you feel up to it. Stay safe and healthy!
Maureen and Michele
“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
- Flower die: Simon Says Stamp – “Cosmos Flower Frame”
- Leaf Background: Simon Says Stamp – “Outline Leaves”
- “Smile” word die: Scrapbook.com & Pink Fresh Studio– “Thin Words Everyday Script” die set
- “You make me” subsentiment: My Favorite Things – “Smile” stamp set
- Crimped Frame die: The Greetery – “Crimped Frame”
- Subsentiment die: Altenew – “Featured Sentiments Die Set”
- Black pigment ink: Tsukineko – “Versafine Onyx Black”
- White embossing powerder: Brutus Monroe – “Alabaster White”
- Embossing Ink: Tsukineko – “VersaMark”
- Watercolor markers: Kuretake – “Zig Clean Color Real Brush”
- Light Carmine: 021
- Pink Flamingo: 222
- Pale Pink: 028
- Bright Yellow: 052
- White cardstock: Accent Opaque – 80 lb.
- White cardstock: Strathmore Bristol Smooth
- Light gray cardstock: From our stash – Unknown
- Liquid glue: Art Glitter – Designer Adhesive