Hello and welcome! We are so happy that you stopped by. We used a bunch of new products to make today’s card and we are pleased with the results – what do you think? This pretty autumn branch was created using the Bittersweet Bouquet stamp set by The Greetery. The background was created using Tim Holtz’ new Crackling Campfire Distress Ink with a stencil we created using masking paper and a Distressed Edge rectangle die by Kat Scrappiness.
The branch and ‘Autumn’ word are from the Bittersweek Bouquet layered stamp set by The Greetery. We stamped these elements using die inks (colors in the supply list below) onto Accent Opaque white 80lb cardstock and then cut them out using the coordinating dies.
- A piece of Accent Opaque white 80lb cardstock was cut to 4.25” x 5.25”.
- A Distressed Edge Rectangle die was positioned in the center of a piece of masking paper that was cut to 4.25” x 5.25” and then run through a die cutting machine. The center of the masking paper that is cut out is not needed for this project.
- Adhere the outer edge of the masking paper to the outer edge of the cardstock panel.
- Using a blender brush and Crackling Campfire Distress Ink, swipe the ink from the edge of the masking paper towards the center of the card panel. Heaviest concentrations of ink are at the outer edge of the masking paper with lightest concentrations towards the middle.
- Remove the masking paper from the card panel once the Distress Ink has dried.
- The ‘Greetings’ sentiment was stamped directly to the card panel in the lower right corner under the ink-blended center.
- The background panel was adhered to a piece of patterned paper measuring 4.75” x 5.75” with foam tape.
- The branch image and ‘Autumn’ word were both adhered to the background panel using foam square adhesive.
- The completed background panel was adhered to a side-folding, white card base measuring 4.75” x 5.75”.
We are so thankful for your visit! We would love your feedback so feel free to leave your comments if you feel up to it. Stay safe and healthy!
Maureen and Michele
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, it’s not.”
- Branch and Sentiment stamps and dies: The Greetery – “Bittersweet Bouquet”
- Rectangle Die: Kat Scrappiness – “Distressed Edge”
- Distress Ink: Tim Holtz Ranger – “Crackling Campfire”
- Die Inks used on stamped images:
- Catherine Pooler – Icing on the Cake
- Concord & 9th – Buttercup, Stardust, Marmalade, Poppy, Cranberry
- White cardstock (stamped images and card panel): Accent Opaque – 80 lb.
- White cardstock (card base): Accent Opaque – 120 lb
- Masking paper: Rock Paper Scissors Removable Sticker paper
- Foam tape: From our stash – Unknown