Hello friend! Thanks for stopping by.
Today we are posting a fun and different kind of paper crafting project for you. This fun easel and canvas are one of Spellbinders’ monthly club kits and we think it is just adorable! We chose the colors for this project to coordinate with the colors of Michele’s new craft room – teal and coral. We love how it turned out and hope you do too! We are also entering this project into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge where the criteria this week is Not a Card.
- The easel and canvas elements were die cut and assembled according to the Spellbinders directions
- A white piece of cardstock was cut to 3-3/8” x 2-5/8” and then loosely painted with coral watercolor
- When the watercolor was dry, the Crafty Hugs sentiment was foiled on it using a Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil System
- The vase die cut was adhered to the watercolored panel and small flowers were stamped above the vase directly to the panel using teal dye ink.
- The die cut flower cluser was adhered over the stamped flowers using foam tape
We had a ton of fun making this project and look forward to making more canvases that can be swapped out over time. As always, we are truly grateful for your visit today. We hope and pray that you and your loved ones stay safe and healthy!
Maureen and Michele
“Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.”
- Easel and Canvas die cuts: Spellbinders – “3D Still Life Easel & Canvas” (Large Die of the Month)
- Crafty Hugs Foil Sentiment: Spellbinders – “Have a Crafty Day” (Glimmer Hot Foil Kit of the Month)
- Small floral stamp: Art Impressions- “Flower Set – 4052”
- Teal Dye Ink: Gina K – “Tranquil Teal”
- Watercolors: Kuretake
- Gold and light teal cardstock for Easel: Unknown
- White cardstock for canvas: Accent Opaque – 80 lb.
- Brown, dark teal and yellow cardstock for flower vase on canvas: Unknown from scrap bin
- Gold glimmer foil: Spellbinders